Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Minecraft

Alright, time to stop neglecting my blog.

It's been a couple of days and I still have no idea what the focus of this blog should be.
So let's talk about Minecraft, because that's what I've been spending wasting my free time on for the past week. If you haven't heard about Minecraft, then go google it you moron.

After spending some time exploring my rather bland looking winter map, I came across this:
At first glance, it's a gigantic plateau rising above a snow covered plain, but there's much more to it.
I discovered an entrance to a gigantic cave underneath the plateau, with a floor made of ice. As you can sort of see in the above screenshot, it's a long way down underneath the ice layer.

This plateau and the ice cave beneath it are the products of what appears to be chunk generation gone wrong, in an impressive and awesome way. I've been thinking up some plans for what I should build inside/around this thing. So far I have a small base carved into the north side (The first screenshot was taken from the southwest side) that I've been using as a production base. I'll post some screenshots of that later, I don't want to make this post too long.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Minecraft for the few hours that I explored, but I lost interest in it. The multiplayer is pretty fun, building things with other people and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete