Monday, October 11, 2010

Minecraft: The Rise: Project Skywall: The Movie: The Game

Oh damn, I haven't made a post in a couple of days...

Anyways, I started on the megaproject I mentioned in my previous Minecraft post a few nights ago, which I decided to dub "Project Skywall". So far, I've only put about an hour into it because I've been occupying my time with other things recently, and it's going to take several more hours to finish, but for the sake of actually working on a project in a video game until completion for once in my life I'll see it through to the end.

Currently, I've only dug out the centerpoint on the top of the Rise and used most of the cobblestone I had mined and stored away up to that point to build part of one of the skybridges, which really, in the context of this project, won't be skybridges at all, but more like some sort of support structure holding up the perimeter once I finish it.

Before I go any further, I need to do a bit more planning so I don't screw up colossally and not realize it until I'm close to finishing. With the sheer scale of this project, the potential for something going wrong because I screwed up while planning is pretty big.

Here's a screenshot of what I've got so far:
I don't think I'll extend the radius of the glass ceiling any further than that, once I'm done with this project I'm going to spend some time (and several torches/buckets of lava/both) getting rid of all the snow and ice, and I don't want to spend forever doing that because I made the ceiling too big. At this rate, it's already going to be gigantic.

1 comment: