Tuesday, October 5, 2010

RIP "The Rise" (for now, maybe)

Woke up early this morning shortly after 4 am. My sleep schedule is pretty much shot to hell now, partially because of my bizarre work schedule, the concept of work/life balance seems to be unheard of at Safeway.

With that aside, lets move on to the meat of this post.


I played some Touhou for a bit and then moved onto minecraft. I decided to build a wooden village in a ravine to the south of The Rise in my current map. I chopped down just about every tree in my path to the location in order to gather building materials, exchanged shots with the skeleton archers in the ravine until sunrise and built the first of several wooden houses in the soon-to-be village. But then the unthinkable happened, again. For the second time this week, the power went out. No idea why, but fortunately it only lasted five minutes. But since it came without warning I had no time to hit the escape key in Minecraft so it would save. I knew to expect that the last thirty minutes of time spent on that map were all for nothing right then and there, but when I went to load up the save I got this:

Well there goes two weeks of my life.
My first thought was that something went wrong with the level file, but after checking the save folder and successfully loading it up in Minutor and Cartograph it appears to be intact. For whatever reason, Minecraft.exe just won't pick up on it, so not all hope is lost. Yet. As long as there's a fix for it, that is. The possibility of getting a chunk error like that are slim to none, so losing this map is a bit of a big deal.

Animooted reenactment:

Mio: me, Mugi: power outage. The strawberry is my Minecraft map.

I had big plans for that map too! Big plans! God fucking damnit.

7 comments:

  1. oh well, sound pretty bad I'm sorry for you, you could try to reinstall minecraft and then put the safe file in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so adorable when the power goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the power wanted was for you to hit it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. =( That sucks. Hope you get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh the same thing happened to me once. Hopefully by the time the game goes in beta it'll be making automatic backups of saves

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've got some good insight in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should've stabbed the bitch with the fork >:|

    ReplyDelete